The Centaur Fountain The first „Art fountain“ was designed by Rudolf Maison in 1890 as a monument to the first German railway (1835) and the establishment of the central water supply (1877). It depicts man’s harnessing of the force of nature.
The Fürther Freiheit and Paradise Fountain The square now called the "Fürther Freiheit" is where the first railway, the Adler, arrived in 1835. The Ludwig railway operated until 1922, quickly becoming just an insignificant branch line.
Hornschuchpromenade and Königswarterstraße These two boulevards from the period of rapid industrial expansion are among the most beautiful in Fürth. From 1883 to 1904 manorial houses representative of the upper classes were constructed with rich sandstone adornments between Luisenstraße and Jakobinenstraße.
The municipal park The municipal park with its rose gardens, playgrounds, lawns and pond graced with swans provides a green oasis for people to relax and while away the day.
The municipal theatre One of the most splendid buildings in Fürth is the Municipal Theatre, built by the famous Viennese architects Hellner and Felmer in the neo-baroque style in 1902.
The town hall This monumental building was contructed between 1840 and 1850 from the plans of Eduart Bürklein in the classical style of the famous architect Friedrich von Gärtner.
The quarter behind the City Hall Entire streets lined with houses in the style of classicsm and historicsm characterise this quarter, which arose in the second half on the 19th century and was laid out as planned in a rectangular grid fort he constantly growing population.
The Green Market and the Jugglers' Fountain Fürth was almost totally destroyed in the Thirty Years’ War, so the houses here date from the latter half of the 17th century. Apart from simple half-timbered buildings there are sandstone houses with baroque curved gables documenting the rise of the town in the 18th century
Gustavstraße Gustavstraße was the most important street in former times. Nowadays it is the heart of the local pub scene and a popular meeting point, especially in the evening.
St. Michael’s Church and Kirchenplatz The Michaelskirche is the oldest edifice in Fürth. The beginnings of this fortified church date back to 1100. As befitted the erstwhile small market town, St. Michael is only a simple, relatively unadorned village church.
The old Jewish cemetery in Schlehenstraße Despite acts of desecreation during the Nazi period, the cemetery, which covers 20,000 square meters and once stood on the edge of town, is to this day one of the most impressive stone testaments to Jewish life in Fürth.